|Posted by Eilis on April 22, 2012 at 6:10 PM|
I haven't done a "Dinosaur" theme in several years. I have found and/or created some new materials to freshen up what I had.
I found that I could create my own bingo cards on Sparklebox. I chose to make the cards with easy sight words that my class is working on right now. The possiblilities are endless though: numbers, color words, student names, etc. Unfortunately the print seemed to be set up for slightly longer paper. I probably could have reset something, but was in a hurry, so....I chose the purple dinosaur design. It didn't really matter that a little of his right side was cut off. His head is intact :). I also find it is easier to have all the cards printed in the same design so the kids don't care which one they are handed.
I will be reading If the Dinosaurs Came Back (a favorite since my own kids were four years old!)
and having the kids complete and illustrate pages to a class book innovation.
You can print the page I created here.
I have also printed a great emergent reader that I found on Hubbard's Cupboard.